Sunday, September 27, 2015

Purposeful Purging


"Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow... Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me... Then will I teach transgressors Thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto Thee" (Psalm 51:7-13).  "[Jesus] upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen Him after He was risen.  And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the Gospel to every creature" (Mark 16:14,15). 

The purging with hyssop, I know,
Refers to the Passover Lamb. 
His blood makes me whiter than snow,
In spite of the sinner I am. 

I see this prerequisite purging
Renews a right spirit within,
So thereafter I may be urging
Transgressors to turn from their sin.

When Jesus, as promised, was risen,
Before His commission would start,
Disciples were gathered to listen,
Reproved for their hardness of heart.

O Lord, search my heart everyday
With purposeful purging I need,  
That I may show sinners Your way
And follow wherever You lead.  


No comments: