Monday, September 07, 2015

Times and Types



"My times are in Thy hand" (Psalm 31:15).  "My son, keep My words... write them upon the table of thine heart" (Proverbs 7:1,3).  "In the first month, in the fourteenth day of the month, ye shall have the Passover... In the seventh month, in the fifteenth day of the month, shall he do the like in the feast of the seven days" (Ezekiel 45:21,25).  "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but My words shall not pass away... Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come" (Matthew 24:35,42). 

My times are in my Savior's hand;
His words are written on my heart.
The more I read, I understand
The blessings that He will impart. 

I see within the feasts He gave,
His advents which I should discern:   
As Lamb of God He came to save;
As Lord of all He shall return. 

When earth and heaven pass away,
The words of Christ shall then remain. 
The times and types His words portray
Have not been written down in vain. 

O Lord, my heart with joy is stirred
Regarding times and types foreseen,
Portraying You within Your Word,
As You have taught me what they mean! 


No comments: