Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Doubt Dissolver


"LORD, make me to know mine end, and the measure of my days, what it is; that I may know how frail I am... My hope is in Thee" (Psalm 39:4,7).  "Hell and destruction are before the LORD: how much more then the hearts of the children of men?" (Proverbs 15:11).  "I have heard of thee, that thou canst... dissolve doubts... God hath numbered thy kingdom, and finished it" (Daniel 5:16-26).  "And He [Jesus] said unto them, Why are ye so fearful?  How is it that ye have no faith?" (Mark 4:40). 

There is a doubt-dissolving God
Who clearly makes us know our end
With prophecy that's never flawed
And truth on which we can depend. 

We need to know that we are frail,
That we may trust in God alone,
Whose faithfulness can never fail
In every promise He makes known. 

Now let the sinner know as well
That every kingdom shall be finished,
That Christ alone can save from hell,
And judgment cannot be diminished. 

O Lord, we hear Your sweet correction
Dissolving doubts which quickly cease
As we have pondered Your perfection,
And fears are then replaced with peace.  


No comments: