Friday, September 18, 2015

Brooks of Blessing


"As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after Thee, O God" (Psalm 42:1).  "Through desire a man, having separated himself, seeketh... the wellspring of wisdom as a flowing brook" (Proverbs 18:1,4).  "In the latter time... a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up... against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand" (Daniel 8:23-25).  "This people honoreth Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me" (Mark 7:6). 

I do not thirst for endless books
That only lead to more distraction,
But as the deer at water brooks,  
I find in Christ my satisfaction. 

There is desire in each soul
That only God can satisfy. 
No earthly brook can make me whole,
For every well but Christ is dry. 

When Satan stands up at the last
To draw deception from his well,
The Prince of princes then shall cast
This great deceiver into hell.   

The brooks of blessing, Lord, abound
In You, the Fountain I pursue.
There is no satisfaction found
By those whose hearts are far from You. 


No comments: