Monday, October 01, 2012

Tenderly Turning

“Because thine heart was tender, and thou hast humbled thyself before the LORD, when thou heardest what I spake against this place, and against the inhabitants thereof… I also have heard thee, saith the LORD” (2 Kings 22:19).  “Turn you at My reproof: behold, I will pour out My Spirit unto you, I will make known My words unto you” (Proverbs 1:23).  “And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give Him glory” (Revelation 16:9). 

The eyes of God are searching still
To find the hearts that will be tender
With readiness to do His will
That turn to Him in true surrender.

The Spirit of our God is poured
On those who turn at His reproof.
Yet many still blaspheme the Lord,
And hardened hearts will stand aloof.

The Lord now speaks against this place
And the inhabitants thereof
Who yet reject His saving grace,
Refuse His Word, and spurn His love.

Lord, thank You in these troubled days
As blasphemy is widely heard,
That You still hear the heart that prays
And tenderly will heed Your Word.

No comments: