Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Long is the List

“CAUSE me to hear Thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in Thee do I trust: CAUSE me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto Thee.  DELIVER me, O LORD, from mine enemies: I flee unto Thee to hide me.  TEACH me to do Thy will; for Thou art my God: Thy Spirit is good; LEAD me into the land of uprightness.  QUICKEN me, O LORD, for Thy name's sake: for Thy righteousness' sake BRING my soul out of trouble” (Psalm 143:8-11).

How long is the list of petitions we read
That David has penned in this Psalm:
To CAUSE and DELIVER, to TEACH and to LEAD,
To QUICKEN and BRING his soul calm.

The Lord surely listens for just such a prayer
From all who have thus understood
That we are commanded to cast every care
On God who is loving and good.

So CAUSE us, O Savior, to hear in the morning
The voice of Your great lovingkindness. 
And CAUSE us to know how to walk by Your warning,
DELIVERED from this world’s blindness.

Lord, TEACH us to do what is clearly Your will,
For all else is wood, hay, and stubble.
Lord, LEAD and REVIVE us, let Your Spirit fill
Our souls that You BRING of out trouble.

We thank You, O Lord, though our list may be long
We bring to You all of our days,
Your answers inspire thanksgiving and song
And daily add more to Your praise!

No comments: