Thursday, October 04, 2012

Perfecting my Path

“Though I walk in the midst of trouble, Thou wilt revive me… The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me” (Psalm 138:7,8).  “I have taught thee in the way of wisdom; I have led thee in right paths.  When thou goest, thy steps shall not be straitened; and when thou runnest, thou shalt not stumble… The path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day… Ponder the path of thy feet” (Proverbs 4:11-26).

Though I walk in the midst of a difficult path
My Lord will be there to revive and restore.
The Lord by His mercy has saved me from wrath,
And He is the One who perfects me still more. 

The Lord is instructing my heart to be humble;
He leads in the way of His wisdom each day.
He calls me to patiently run and not stumble
By heeding His counsel to watch and to pray.

The Lord has been faithful to lead me aright 
In paths of His righteousness for His name’s sake.
In this world’s darkness, His path shines with light
That perfectly leads me and makes no mistake.

O Lord, as I ponder the path of my feet,  
I see You’re perfecting my path by Your love.
I’m finding Your pathway increasingly sweet
That leads to the joy of Your presence above. 

No comments: