Friday, November 18, 2011

Questions of my Quest

"And the angel of the LORD... said, Hagar (lit. Sojourner)... Whence camest thou? And whither wilt thou go?.... She said, Have I also looked after Him that seeth me?" (Genesis 16:8,13). "Through desire a man, having separated himself, seeketh and intermeddleth with all wisdom.... There is a Friend that sticketh closer than a brother" (Proverbs 18:1,24).

How well I can remember when
My questions plagued me in the night.
With no one else to turn to then,
I searched for God with all my might.

Was I a product then of chance?
And what about eternity?
Was everything blind circumstance?
My questions would not let me be!

I feared my quest could have no end,
But to my joy and great surprise,
I found in God my closest Friend,
Who saw me then with loving eyes.

O Lord, I've found in You my rest,
With all my questions satisfied!
You met me in my fearful quest,
And saved me when to You I cried.

I thank You, Lord, for mercy shown
And truth unveiled on my path:
You gave Yourself, and You alone
Could save me from eternal wrath!

Until the day we meet above
Lord, help me now to clearly speak
And satisfy the quest for love
And truth in You that others seek.

No comments: