Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Elevated beyond Expectation

"When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then Thou knewest my path.... I looked on my right hand, and beheld, but there was no man that would know me: refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul. I cried unto Thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my refuge and my portion in the land of the living" (Psalm 142:3-5). "Giving thanks to the Father... who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of His dear Son" (Colossians 1:12,13).

Recalling my outlook so dim
When pondering God on my path,
I cried out for mercy from Him,
Just hoping to hide from His wrath.

I did not expect Him to hear,
For why should He care about me?
The sorrows of death drawing near
Were all I could fearfully see.

Imagine how great my surprise,
So far above all expectation!
The Lord God then opened my eyes
And rescued me by His salvation!

He lifted me up to His realm
To dwell in His kingdom above!
No longer by fear overwhelmed,
I'm now overcome by His love!

O Father, we give You our thanks
For grace You bestowed by Your Son!
We join with the heavenly ranks
To praise Him for what He has done!

No comments: