Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Loving the Living Lord

"I will love Thee, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust, my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.... The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and let the God of my salvation be exalted" (Psalm 18:1-3,46).

Lord, I will love You, for how could I not?
For You are my rock and my fortress so strong!
You have delivered me, and You have fought
Against all my foes (and their list is quite long!).

Lord, I will love You, my God and my strength,
In whom I will trust as my buckler and power,
My horn of salvation eternal in length,
My refuge of mercy, my strong and high tower.

Lord, I will love You, for thus I am led
To worship You now as I think on Your ways:
You came down from heaven to die in my stead,
And now You are risen, so worthy of praise!

Lord, I will love You; how rightly I should
With all the redeemed now surrounding Your throne!
May You be exalted, for You are so good,
Extending salvation to all of Your own!

No comments: