Saturday, December 04, 2010

Led into Light

"Hear, O My son, and receive my sayings.... I have taught thee the way of wisdom, I have led thee in right paths.... The path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day" (Proverbs 4:10-18). "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God" (Romans 8:14).

I know that the path on which I am led
Is leading me into the light.
If I will receive what my Father has said,
I know that the path will be right.

For all of God's sons are led by His Spirit,
Though sometimes our feet tend to stray.
His mercy reproves us, for when we will hear it,
He teaches us then to obey.

Thank You, dear Father, for leading my soul
And teaching my heart from Your Word,
Though often You know that my hearing is dull
And slow to obey what I've heard.

Lord, You have led me through all of my life;
I know You are leading me still.
So whether You lead me in peace or in strife,
Lord, teach me to follow Your will.

No comments: