Saturday, November 13, 2010

Troubled Transgressor

"Good understanding giveth favor: but the way of transgressors is hard" (Proverbs 13:15). "And the Lord said... it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.... And I fell unto the ground, and heard a voice saying unto me, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou Me? And I answered, Who art Thou, Lord? And He said unto me, I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom thou persecutest.... And I said, what shall I do, Lord?" (Acts 9:5, 22:7-10).

The transgressor ought to assess his behavior
And question himself in regard
To why he opposes the Lord and His favor,
Thus choosing the way that is hard.

Paul, the apostle, remembered so well
The road to Damascus that led
To trusting the Savior who saved him from hell,
Receiving His favor instead.

Troubled transgressor, how long will you wait?
Tomorrow is not guaranteed!
Now flee from transgression before it's too late,
When mercy shall no longer plead!

O Lord, we give thanks for Your refuge of grace
Awaiting all those who will turn
And flee from transgression by seeking Your face
To favor we never could earn!

No comments: