Saturday, November 27, 2010

Foresight of Faith

"Cause me to hear Thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in Thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto Thee" (Psalm 143:8). "Boast not thyself of tomorrow, for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth.... A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself; but the simple pass on, and are punished" (Proverbs 27:1,12).

There is a foresight that God gives
To those who trust His love.
It is by faith His child lives,
Assured of things above.

And though the details of tomorrow
Are hidden from our mind,
We are assured in joy or sorrow
That God is always kind.

We know there's evil that would stalk
Our way to make us stumble,
But God will show us how to walk,
And faith will keep us humble.

O Lord, we thank You for Your Word
That we may thus foresee
The certainty of things assured
For all eternity.

No comments: