Friday, November 26, 2010

Pity on my Path

"When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then Thou knewest my path.... Refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul. I cried unto Thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my Refuge and my Portion in the land of the living" (Psalm 142:3-5). "The goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance" (Romans 2:4).

There was a time upon my path
When I was overwhelmed,
Much like a ship in stormy wrath,
When I was at the helm.

The horror of eternity
Was all I saw ahead;
With no escape in front of me,
My heart was filled with dread.

I looked for others who might care,
But sadly, there was none.
I cried to God in my despair,
For refuge in His Son.

The waves and wind then heard His voice;
Their raging then did cease.
How greatly did I then rejoice!
How great then was my peace!

The goodness of my God had sent
The raging wind and sea,
That He might lead me to repent,
And do so earnestly.

O Lord, I thank You for Your love
That rescued me from wrath
When You beheld me from above
With pity on my path!

No comments: