Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Searching for Surrender

"O Lord, Thou hast searched me, and known me.... Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: and see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting" (Psalm 139:1,23,24). "My son, give Me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe My ways" (Proverbs 23:26).

O Lord, I hear Your voice so tender,
As You have searched my heart:
You're calling me for more surrender
Of every inward part.

O Lord, I'll add my invitation
To search my heart within:
I know I need examination
To purge my heart from sin.

O Lord, there surely is a need
To search me everyday
To purify my heart indeed
Of every wicked way.

O Lord, it is a joy to give
My heart each day to You;
There is no other way to live
Abundantly and true.

Thank You, Lord, for searching me
With eyes that watch with love,
Until the day I'll fully be
Surrendered up above.

No comments: