Saturday, April 15, 2017

Heralding His Holiness


"O LORD my God, Thou art very great; Thou art clothed with honor and majesty… My meditation of Him shall be sweet" (Psalm 104:1,34).  "I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up… Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts… Then said I, Woe is me!  For I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips… Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.  Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?  Then said I, Here am I; send me" (Isaiah 6:1-8). 

The Lord our God is very great,
Who came from heaven with salvation
To save us from our sinful state.  
His sweetness fills our meditation!  

Isaiah saw upon His throne  
The holy, holy, holy Lord,
As herald angels made Him known,
The triune God, whom they adored. 

With unclean lips, what shall we say?
We are undone with sin and shame! 
Yet God has purged the sin away
Of those who call upon His name! 

We're heralding Your holiness,
O Lord, as we declare Your grace
By which You righteously will bless
The humble who will seek Your face.  


No comments: