Wednesday, April 05, 2017

Mountain of Myrrh


"Unless the LORD had been my Help, my soul had almost dwelt in silence… Thy comforts delight my soul… The LORD is my Defense" (Psalm 94:17,19,22).  "Until the day break, and the shadows flee away, I will get Me to the mountain of myrrh, and to the hill of frankincense.  Thou art all fair, My love; there is no spot in thee" (Song of Solomon 4:6,7).  "And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to Thee… Sanctify them through Thy truth: Thy Word is truth" (John 17:11,17). 

Unless the Lord had rescued me,
My soul forever would be lost. 
My Savior went to Calvary
To pay my ransom's awful cost. 

My Lord ascended up that mountain
Of bitter myrrh in my defense. 
His cross became God's cleansing fountain,
An offering of sweet frankincense. 

His blood has cleansed each sinful spot;
He cannot find a single one! 
What great salvation Christ has wrought
For sinners hopelessly undone!

Let Calvary's mountain full of myrrh,
O Lord, where You were crucified,
Now sanctify my heart You stir
To live for You, who for me died.  


No comments: