Thursday, April 20, 2017

Ensign Enlarged


"I will greatly praise the LORD… among the multitude.  For He shall stand at the right hand of the poor, to save him from those that condemn his soul" (Psalm 109:30,31).  "Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin" (Proverbs 20:9).   "In that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and His rest shall be glorious" (Isaiah 11:10).  "They… glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life" (Acts 11:18). 

Praise God among the multitudes
For grace beyond the Jewish nation
To Gentiles whom the Lord includes,
For whom He has enlarged salvation. 

For who can say, apart from grace,
That I am pure from all my sin? 
Praise God!  For all who seek His face
Are cleansed when Jesus enters in! 

For Christ came forth as Jesse's root
To be an Ensign all may seek,
So Jew and Gentile may bear fruit,
To whom we're called to go and speak. 

Lord, may Your Ensign be enlarged  
That beckons every one of us  
As with Your Gospel we are charged
To show Your rest is glorious!  


No comments: