Thursday, April 06, 2017

To Hear or to Harden


"Today if ye will hear His voice, harden not your heart" (Psalm 95:7,8).  "My son, keep thy Father's commandment… When thou goest, it shall lead thee; when thou sleepest, it shall keep thee; and when thou awakest, it shall talk with thee" (Proverbs 6:20,22).  "His mouth is most sweet: yea, He is altogether lovely. This is my Beloved, and this is my Friend" (Song of Solomon 5:16).  "For this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth.  Every one that is of the truth heareth My voice" (John 18:37).

TODAY God has given a choice  
To hear Him or harden our hearts. 
The one who gives heed to His voice
Delights in the truth He imparts. 

The voice of our Father's command
Shall talk at the breaking of day,
Shall lead us, upheld with His hand,  
And keep us from going astray. 

How sweetly our hearts comprehend
The wonderful truth that we hear
From Christ, our Beloved, our Friend,
And Hero from heaven so dear.   

The choice now to hear or to harden
This heart of free will that You gave,
O Lord, is still offered Your pardon
TODAY, on THIS SIDE of the grave!  


No comments: