Saturday, April 08, 2017

Risen Reality


"They pierced My hands and My feet… I will declare Thy name unto My brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise Thee" (Psalm 22:16,22).  "Whoso findeth Me findeth life" (Proverbs 8:35).  "Go to My brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto My Father, and your Father; and to My God, and your God…  Jesus… stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.  And when He had so said, he showed unto them His hands and His side.  Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord" (John 20:17-20). 

They pierced our Savior's hands and feet;  
His foes then thought this was the end,
But Christ would rise, and thus complete
God's Word they did not comprehend! 

Behold Him risen from the strife
For sinners that He died to save,
Displaying resurrection life
That routed death and robbed the grave!

"Go to My brethren," said our Savior,
And then His Father's name proclaimed. 
How gracious is His loving favor!
He calls us brethren, unashamed! 

Lord, risen in reality,
You then displayed Your hands and side. 
Your wounds of love eternally
Are tokens that for us You died!  


No comments: