Thursday, April 27, 2017

Tomorrow's Terror


"I love the LORD, because He hath heard my voice… The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell gat hold upon me:  I found trouble and sorrow.  Then called I upon the name of the LORD… Gracious is the LORD… For Thou hast delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling" (Psalm 116:1-8).  "Boast not thyself of tomorrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth… A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself; but the simple pass on, and are punished" (Proverbs 27:1,12). 

I love the Lord who knew my sorrow,
Who heard my prayer, and dried my tears. 
I felt the terror of tomorrow,
Foreseeing my eternal fears. 

Each day I sensed approaching terror,
And knew with every fleeting breath
That there would be no room for error
Concerning judgment after death. 

How feeble was my trembling prayer
I formulated, just in case
There was a God, and He would care
To show to me a hiding place. 

Tomorrow's terror, O my Savior,
Which threatened me with endless loss,
Has been replaced with heaven's favor,
Which You procured upon the cross! 


No comments: