Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Surveyed in the Sanctuary


"Great things doeth He, which we cannot comprehend... Stand still, and consider the wondrous works of God" (Job 37:5,14).  "I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I… Thou hast holden me by my right hand… It is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all Thy works" (Psalm 73:17,23,28).  "The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom" (Proverbs 15:33).  "The Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost" (Luke 19:10). 

The wondrous works of God are great
In all the earth, the sky, and sea,
Which we shall surely contemplate
Through time and all eternity. 

Yet now God gives a glimpse of glory
While standing still before our Savior
And meditating on the story
Of His amazing love and favor. 

The sanctuary of our hearts
Is where the Lord will draw us near  
To hear instruction He imparts
As we incline to Him our ear.   

Within the sanctuary, Lord,
We have surveyed salvation's cost. 
What wondrous love we have explored: 
You came to seek and save the lost!  


No comments: