Thursday, March 23, 2017

Eternal Hunger in Every Heart


"I am the LORD thy God… open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it" (Psalm 81:10).  "My son, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe My ways" (Proverbs 23:26).  "He hath made everything beautiful in His time: also He hath set the world (עוֹלָם ʻôwlâm, eternity) in their heart… and God doeth it, that men should fear before Him" (Ecclesiastes 3:11,14).  "For God so loved the world, that He gave his Only Begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3:16).

There is a hunger God can fill,
Which He has placed in human hearts.
He offers "whosoever will"
This satisfaction He imparts. 

"Give Me thine heart," the Lord has said,
"And let thine eyes observe My ways." 
Yet hearts may turn away instead
And suffer hunger all their days. 

The Lord makes all things beautiful
In time and in eternity:    
He gave Himself to save our soul,
And by His truth He makes us free.  

Eternal hunger placed inside
Of every heart, Lord, which You cherish,
By endless life is satisfied,
For none who trust in You shall perish. 


No comments: