Monday, March 13, 2017

Grant Me Grace


"None saith, Where is God my Maker?… because of the pride of evil men" (Job 35:10,12).  "O God, Thou hast taught me from my youth: and hitherto have I declared Thy wondrous works.  Now also when I am old and grayheaded, O God, forsake me not; until I have showed Thy strength unto this generation" (Psalm 71:17,18).  "A good man leaveth an inheritance to his children's children" (Proverbs 13:22).  "As it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man" (Luke 17:26). 

Since God has been expelled from schools
Wherein creation is ignored,
A graduating class of fools
Arises, knowing not the Lord.

The Lord, who taught me from my youth,
Will not forsake me when I'm old,
That I may teach, by grace, the truth
My children's children may be told. 

These days are surely growing dark
Wherein we train this generation,
As in the days when Noah's ark
Became the refuge of salvation. 

O Lord, You are the Hiding Place,
As Noah's ark was in the flood. 
I pray that You will grant me grace
To show the refuge in Your blood.  


No comments: