Wednesday, March 01, 2017

Purpose and Plan


"He knoweth the way that I take: when He hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold… for He performeth the thing that is appointed for me" (Job 23:10,14).  "I will sing aloud of Thy mercy in the morning: for Thou hast been my defense and refuge in the day of my trouble" (Psalm 59:16).  "Whoso hearkeneth unto Me shall dwell safely" (Proverbs 1:33).  "Simon Peter… fell down… saying, Depart from me; for I am a sinful man, O Lord… Jesus said unto Simon, Fear not; from henceforth thou shalt catch men" (Luke 5:8,10). 

The Lord cannot make a mistake;
I know I shall come forth as gold.    
He ponders the way that I take;
His purpose for me I'll behold.   

Though I am surrounded with scorning,
My Savior defends me with grace.  
I know I will sing in the morning
When I am beholding His face. 

My soul is secure in His hand;  
There's no safer place in the storm. 
I know He has perfectly planned
His purpose that He will perform. 

O Lord, in Your comfort to Peter,
I'm hearing Your purpose for me:
Your plan for my life is far sweeter
Than my feeble vision can see!  


No comments: