Monday, November 07, 2016

Supplication for Salvation


"I love the LORD, because He hath heard my voice and my supplications.  Because He hath inclined His ear unto me, therefore will I call upon Him as long as I live.  The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell gat hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow.  Then called I upon the name of the LORD; O LORD, I beseech Thee, deliver my soul… The LORD hath dealt bountifully with thee.  For Thou hast delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling" (Psalm 116:1-8). 

There is a ballad of salvation
That is recorded in a Psalm  
Reflecting my own supplication
When God turned trouble into calm.
 
In Psalm one hundred and sixteen,
The psalmist's prayer reflects my own
When God was pleased to intervene
To make His great salvation known. 

As long as God shall give me breath,
I'll pray with confidence He hears; 
He saved me from the second death,
And graciously He dried my tears. 

You heard my supplication, Lord,
When You extended on that day
Salvation I could not afford,
For which You died to fully pay.   


No comments: