Thursday, November 24, 2016

Hope we Hold


"Thou art my Hiding Place and my Shield: I hope in Thy Word… Uphold me according unto Thy Word, that I may live: and let me not be ashamed of my hope" (Psalm 119:114,116).  "So shall the knowledge of wisdom be unto thy soul: when thou hast found it, then there shall be a reward, and thy expectation shall not be cut off" (Proverbs 24:14).  "We… have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:  which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast" (Hebrews 6:18,19).    

The hope we hold is holding us,
Providing us a Hiding Place.
It leads us forth victorious
And shields us with saving grace. 

The hope we hold is wonderful!
How marvelous is its reward! 
It is the anchor of our soul,
The promise of our faithful Lord. 

In Christ we have our expectation;
Our hope in Him has been assured. 
His promise is our consolation;
God's solemn oath confirms His Word. 

Lord, thank You for this hope we hold,
Both sure and steadfast evermore.
Behold, the half has not been told
Of all Your glory we'll explore! 


No comments: