Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Able to Answer


"Let Thy mercies come also unto me, O LORD, even Thy salvation, according to Thy Word.  So shall I have wherewith to answer… for I trust in Thy Word.  And take not the Word of truth utterly out of my mouth… I will speak of Thy testimonies also before kings, and will not be ashamed" (Psalm 119:41-46).  "The heart of the righteous studieth to answer" (Proverbs 15:28).  "In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised… His Word through preaching… is committed unto me" (Titus 1:2,3). 

The Lord has equipped us today
With answers that He has provided 
To show why we trust in His way
And how by His Word we are guided. 

God's Word is the truth that we trust,
Assured that the Gospel proclaimed
Shall stand when the earth turns to dust;
His people shall not be ashamed. 

We study to answer the truth
Abundantly shown in His Word. 
We answer and train up our youth
To stand unashamed and assured. 

We're able to answer, O Lord,
The lost with a prudent reply,
With promises that You record,
Assured that You never can lie.  


No comments: