Sunday, November 20, 2016

Smile in the Smoke


"I am become like a bottle in the smoke; yet do I not forget Thy statutes… All Thy commandments are faithful" (Psalm 119:83,86).   "Most men will proclaim everyone his own goodness: but a faithful man who can find?... Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?" (Proverbs 20:6,9).  "But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honor; that He by the grace of God should taste death for every man" (Hebrews 2:9). 

With so much confusion, like smoke
Obscuring our vision today,
We smile, assured that God spoke,
And He overrules what men say. 

Though many proclaim they are good,
And flattering men will applaud,
We all have not done as we should;
We're sinners, according to God. 

In spite of the smoke we can see
That Christ tasted death for each man.   
His suffering and death made us free
And justified us by His plan. 

O Lord, we have smiled with pleasure
At truth that the smoke cannot hide:
You purchased our ultimate treasure
And ransomed our souls when You died!  


No comments: