Saturday, November 26, 2016

Merciful to Me


"Look Thou upon me, and be merciful unto me, as Thou usest to do unto those that love Thy name" (Psalm 119:132).  "The curse causeless shall not come" (Proverbs 26:2).  "For this is the covenant that I will make… I will put My laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to Me a people… for I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more" (Hebrews 8:10-12). 

The Lord is merciful to me
And all of those who love His name. 
He purged sin's curse eternally,
For on the cross, He bore my shame. 

My curse was sealed by the laws
Of judgment charged against my soul,
But Christ removed the curse's cause
With His redemption free and full. 

He writes His laws upon my mind
To make His lovingkindness known. 
The Lord is merciful and kind;
No greater love was ever shown! 

How merciful to me You are,
O Lord, which You have surely proved,
By taking sins away so far,
They are forgotten and removed! 


No comments: