Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Increase the Inclination


"Stand every morning to thank and praise the LORD, and likewise at even" (1 Chronicles 23:30).  "Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path… I have inclined mine heart to perform Thy statutes always, even unto the end" (Psalm 119:105,112).  "Surely there is an end; and thine expectation shall not be cut off.  Hear thou, My son, and be wise, and guide thine heart in the way… My son, give Me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe My ways" (Proverbs 23:18,19,26). 

Give thanks and praise to God each morning,
And every night be so inclined,
Though many still will go on scorning
With those who blindly lead the blind.    

The Word of God shall be our light
That shines His truth upon our path
To please the Lord who fought our fight
And has delivered us from wrath. 

We surely know there is an end
When we shall see our Savior's face. 
We soon shall meet our dearest Friend
Who has prepared for us a place. 

O Lord, we've heard Your invitation
To fully give our hearts to You. 
May we increase this inclination
In all we think, and say, and do!  


No comments: