Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Safety in the Shadow


"Because Thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of Thy wings will I rejoice" (Psalm 63:7).  "The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but safety is of the LORD" (Proverbs 21:31).  "This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing" (Isaiah 28:12)  "For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face" (1 Corinthians 13:12). 

Because my help comes from the Lord,
I rest with joy beneath His wings. 
His shadow only can afford
The safety that my Savior brings. 

The horse may be prepared for war,
But safety isn't found therein.
Eternity requires more: 
I need a Savior from my sin!

Let others melt away as dross;
In Christ alone I find my rest.
Beneath the shadow of His cross
The weary soul may be refreshed. 

Lord, thank You for this confidence
Within the shadow of Your grace
In every sinner who repents
And yet will see You face to face! 

Lord, in Your shadow I rejoice
Within this safety You provide,
With every soul who heeds Your voice,  
For here forever I'll abide.  


No comments: