Thursday, April 09, 2015

Wisdom that Washes


"Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow" (Psalm 51:7).  "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the Holy is understanding... If thou be wise, thou shalt be wise for thyself: but if thou scornest, thou alone shalt bear it" (Proverbs 9:10,12).  "Christ Jesus... is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption" (1 Corinthians 1:30). 

As hyssop had once applied blood
Which came from the Passover Lamb
When judgment came in like a flood,
So likewise protected I am. 

As lepers who were declared clean
With hyssop and blood from a bird,  
The shadows of Christ have been seen
With cleansing portrayed in His Word. 

How wondrously now I may know
That I have been cleansed by my Lord
Much whiter than pure driven snow,
Forgiven by God, and restored. 

This washing applies to the wise
Who tremble with God's holy fear. 
The Lord hears the humble who cries,
And cleanses the one who draws near. 

But those who will scorn shall lament
That they had refused cleansing grace
Unless they are moved to repent
And earnestly seek the Lord's face. 

Lord, You are my Wisdom indeed
Who washed away all of my sin. 
How fully You met every need
The moment that You entered in! 

Lord, thank You for so great salvation
Through wisdom that washes my soul,
With righteousness, sanctification,
And by Your redemption so full!  


No comments: