Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Joy of Light in Jesus our Lord


"O send out Thy light and Thy truth:  let them lead me; let them bring me unto Thy holy hill, and to Thy tabernacles.  Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy; yea upon the harp will I praise Thee, O God, my God" (Psalm 43:3,4).  "And ye now therefore have sorrow:  but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you" (John 16:22).

Led by the light and the truth of God's Word,
I know that by these I'll ascend
Now to the altar where Jesus endured
For joy that He saw in the end.

O what assurance!  Though seasons of sorrow
In God's time will come now and then,
Upon the horizon there dawns a tomorrow
When Jesus shall come back again!

We shall be joined with our Lord in the air
With all of the souls He redeemed.
No fleeting joy on this earth will compare,
No matter how thrilling it seemed! 

Thank You, Lord Jesus, for light You deploy
To guide us with truth and with grace
As You lead us onward to ultimate joy
Where You have prepared us a place.  


No comments: