Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Sure and Short


"In the shadow of Thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast... My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise" (Psalm 57:1,7).  "It is a day of trouble... in the valley of vision" (Isaiah 22:5).  "But this I say, brethren, the time is short" (1 Corinthians 7:29). 

I'll make my refuge in these days
Beneath the wings of Christ my Savior. 
I'll lift to Him my grateful praise,
Rejoicing in His saving favor. 

Calamities will come and go,
But Christ is keeping all His own. 
My heart is fixed, for this I know:
The Lord continues on His throne.

Until calamities are past,
I'm in the shadow of the wings
Of Christ my Lord who bids me cast
My care on Him, the King of kings. 

The day of trouble is foreseen
Within that valley of His vision.
The time is short and sure between
God's call and every heart's decision.

Lord, since I know my time is short
And all Your promises are sure,
I'll gladly preach Your true report
And show the proof that it is pure. 

O Lord, my heart is fixed on You,
My sure Reward of saving grace. 
Though days on earth are short and few,
Forever I shall see Your face! 


No comments: