Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Fearless in the Future


"Wherefore should I fear in the days of evil, when the iniquity of my heels shall compass me about?  They that trust in their wealth, and boast themselves in the multitude of their riches, none of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:  for the redemption of their soul is precious... But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave: for He shall receive me" (Psalm 49:5-15).  "For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope... in the fullness of the blessing of the Gospel of Christ" (Romans 15:4,29).

It may seem overconfident
To see no cause for future fear
When all my days on earth are spent  
And judgment day is drawing near. 

My confidence is not in wealth,
For riches cannot save the soul. 
I trust my Savior's saving health
And His redemption paid in full! 

My days upon this earth are few,
But my Redeemer lives to save. 
I am convinced His Word is true:
He shall receive me from the grave. 

Yes, this is where my hope now is,
And this is truth that makes me free,
For Christ is mine, and I am His
For time and all eternity!
 
Lord, thank You for the Scriptures written
For comfort in these things assured
Because for sinners You were smitten
Upon the cross which You endured!

O Lord, You haven't kept me guessing
About the future things ahead! 
I know the fullness of Your blessing
Shall find me fearless, as You said.  


No comments: