Sunday, August 24, 2014

Resting and Rising


“Blessed be the LORD my Strength… my Goodness, and my Fortress; my High Tower, and my Deliverer; my Shield, and He in whom I trust” (Psalm 144:1,2).  “Lay not wait, O wicked man, against the dwelling of the righteous; spoil not his Resting Place: for a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again” (Proverbs 24:15,16).

How long is the list I’ve explored
Describing how I have been blest
Through Jesus my Savior and Lord,
My Refuge, Redeemer, and Rest! 

The Lord is my Strength when I’m weak,
My Goodness, my Fortress, my Tower,
My Lord who delivers the meek,
My Shield against Satan’s power. 

The Lord is the One whom I trust,
Who shelters my soul with His grace! 
Though I am but ashes and dust,
The Lord is my sure Resting Place! 

Let all of the powers of hell
Be frustrated in their surprise
To find that with me it is well
As God lifts my head and I rise. 

O Lord, I am resting in You,
Enabled by Your great salvation  
To rise up again to pursue
Your heart by Your own invitation! 


No comments: