Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Comfort in Communion


“How precious also are Thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!  If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with Thee” (Psalm 139:17,18).  “The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all” (2 Corinthians 13:14). 

How precious are the thoughts of God!
They number more than all the sand! 
He leads me with His staff and rod;
When I awake, He’s still at hand. 

The comfort of my Lord’s communion
Attends my soul throughout each day. 
The Triune God in perfect union
Directs me in His chosen way. 

The Savior comforts me with grace,
The Father lifts me with His love,
The Spirit leads me in each place
To fix my hope on things above. 

O Lord, beyond my comprehension,
You’ve demonstrated love for me. 
Your Word arrests my heart’s attention
With truth indeed that makes me free.    

Your comfort in communion, Lord
Has made my cup to overflow. 
Your fellowship is my reward
In heaven and in earth below!



No comments: