Sunday, August 03, 2014

Faith to Face


“Unto Thee lift I up mine eyes, O Thou that dwellest in the heavens” (Psalm 123:1).  “Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding... The LORD shall be thy confidence” (Proverbs 3:5,25).  “For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known” (1 Corinthians 13:12). 

 I lift my eyes of faith to see
The face of God, my faithful Savior,
And find His eyes are fixed on me
With His eternal love and favor. 

Transported to the throne of grace
Where I am called to cast my care,
The Lord in kindness shines His face,
And I am drawn to worship there. 

How wondrous is this confidence
Which I have found in Christ my Lord,
Since He Himself is my Defense
And He is also my Reward.

Though now my vision is obscured
As faith looks darkly through a glass,
I’m resting on His faithful Word: 
His promises shall come to pass!

O Savior, I am glad to lean
Upon Your faithfulness each day
Instead of circumstances seen
Which otherwise would cause dismay. 

O Lord, that day is not so far
When I shall gaze upon Your throne
With sight that sees You as You are,
And I shall know as I am known. 

Then face to face I shall behold
Your matchless beauty, Christ my King!  
Till then my faith shall yet unfold
Your wondrous love to which I cling.  


No comments: