Thursday, August 21, 2014

Marvel of Me


“Safety is of the LORD” (Proverbs 21:31).  “The Son of God… loved me, and gave Himself for me” (Galatians 2:20). 

The lines of judgment had been drawn: 
My sins must have a consequence. 
All hope for safety would be gone
If not for Christ, my soul’s Defense.

The Son of God from heaven came
Because He saw my fearful plight. 
He bore the burden of my shame,
And on the cross he fought my fight. 

He surely knew what it would cost;
The price was so unspeakable!
It grieved Him so to see me lost,
He gave Himself to save my soul!  

O Lord, I’m held in Your embrace;
That’s why You left Your throne above!
You came to rescue me by grace: 
I was the object of Your love! 

You tasted death for every man,
Yet as You draw me near I see
That You foresaw me in Your plan:
O Lord, You gave Yourself for me! 

Lord, thank You for Your sacrifice
You gave to purchase my salvation 
And satisfy the awful price
To rescue me from condemnation! 

Lord, in this wondrous sanctuary
Where You have met with me alone,
I marvel that with me You tarry
As You have drawn me to Your throne!

O Lord, You’re teaching me to yearn
For other souls to likewise find
Your love for them, so they may turn
To You, the Savior of mankind!


No comments: