Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Infinite Intervention

“All of my father's house were but dead men before my lord the king: yet didst thou set thy servant among them that did eat at thine own table” (2 Samuel 19:28).  “He healeth the broken in heart... His understanding is infinite” (Psalm 147:3,5).  “A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself” (Proverbs 27:12).  “But God, who is rich in mercy, for His great love wherewith He loved us, even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ (by grace ye are saved), and hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus” (Ephesians 2:4-6). 

How hopeless was my lost condition
Before my Savior intervened! 
My soul was destined for perdition
Until upon the Lord I leaned. 

There was no other place to hide;
My soul was brought to desperation. 
I turned at last to God and cried
Who lifted me with His salvation!

How great His understanding is;
Its fullness cannot be explored!
It thrills my soul to know I’m His
And that He also is my Lord. 

My Lord the King alone was able
To intervene with healing love.
He set me at His banquet table
To sit with Jesus Christ above. 

O Lord, it seemed impossible,
But that, of course, did not stop You! 
You intervened to save my soul;
You did what no one else could do! 

Lord, You have drawn me to this place
To see how infinitely priced 
Your intervention was by grace
When for me You were sacrificed! 

How infinite Your intervention!   
O Lord, help me to take it in
As You enlarge my comprehension
To see the cost purge my sin! 


No comments: