Saturday, August 23, 2014

Surrendered Servants


“Behold, thy servants are ready to do whatsoever my lord the king shall appoint… Surely in what place my lord the king shall be, whether in death or life, even there also will thy servant be” (2 Samuel 15:15,21).  “Cause me to hear Thy lovingkindness in the morning... Cause me to know the way wherein I should walk… Teach me to do Thy will… Lead me into the land of uprightness” (Psalm 143:8-10).  

Whatever my Lord says to do, 
Wherever He tells me to go,
Whomever He’s sending me to,
Is all that my heart needs to know. 

Lord, cause me to hear as You talk
From Scripture with kindness and love,
And cause to know how to walk
With wisdom that comes from above.

Lord, teach me to do what You will  
As I am led forth by Your Spirit,
Surrendered and serving You still,
Obeying Your Word as I hear it. 

I thank You, my Lord and Defender,
For songs that You give me to sing,
Rejoicing in happy surrender
To serve You, my God and my King! 


No comments: