Saturday, August 30, 2014

Shield of Salvation


“Thou hast also given me the shield of Thy salvation: and Thy gentleness hath made me great” (2 Samuel 22:36).  “Every word of God is pure: He is a shield unto them that put their trust in Him” (Proverbs 30:5).  “Christ also hath loved us, and hath given Himself for us an Offering and a Sacrifice to God” (Ephesians 5:2). 

The Lord has given me the shield
That covers me with His salvation. 
What gentleness He has revealed
That lifts me from humiliation!

I trust in Him, for He alone
Could rescue me from sin and shame. 
The Word of God has made this known;
It was for this my Savior came. 

Christ Jesus loved me on the cross;
He saw my hopeless, lost estate. 
He purged away my sin as dross;
His gentleness has made me great. 

For me my Lord was sacrificed;
For me He His spotless life He gave!
I praise my Savior, Jesus Christ,
Who lives forevermore to save! 

O Lord, my great and gentle Savior,
You’ve placed me in the joyful ranks
Of those You shield with Your favor,
Who worship with eternal thanks!  

O Lord, the Shield of my soul,
I thank You for Your saving grace!
In Your salvation, rich and full,
You have become my Hiding Place.  


No comments: