Monday, August 18, 2014

Paradox of Perfection


“The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: Thy mercy, O LORD, endureth forever” (Psalm 138:8).  “And He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for My strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me…  for when I am weak, then am I strong” (2 Corinthians 12:9,10). 

The Lord will be perfecting me,
Until I see Him face to face. 
I’ll praise Him through eternity
For His sufficiency through grace.

Consider the apostle Paul
Who in his weakness prayed to Christ,
And thus he found that through it all,
The grace of God alone sufficed. 

The Lord can see my course’s length. 
He knows my needs along the way. 
The Lord perfects in me His strength
As I, in weakness, learn to pray. 

There is a purpose for affliction
As God perfects in me His power,
For thus He strengthens my conviction
That I can trust Him every hour. 

How true, Lord, is the paradox: 
“When I am weak, then I am strong!” 
Your voice from Scripture to me talks
As You perfect me all along. 

Lord, thank You for Your great salvation,
The power of Your resurrection,
Your saving Gospel’s declaration,
And workmanship in my perfection! 


No comments: