Thursday, June 16, 2011

Proper Percent

"The LORD is my Shepherd; I shall not want.... though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil" (Psalm 23:1,4). "For even the Son of man came... to give His life a ransom for many.... And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength" (Mark 10:45, 12:30).

My Lord laid His life down that I may thus live;
Now shouldn't I give Him one hundred percent?
Whatever percentage I fail to give,
Lord, show me that I may sincerely repent!

The shadow of death held such horrible fear,
A fear that was valid that soon I must face!
But now I am safe, though that shadow draws near,
For Christ took my judgment and gave me His grace.

And shall I not love Him with all of my heart,
With all of my soul, my mind, and my strength?
The Lord calls for all of me, not just a part,
One hundred percent of my life for its length.

O Lord, You're my Shepherd, I know I won't lack
Because You laid all of Your life down for me.
And now, Lord, forbid it, that I should hold back
This life that You ransomed that I might be free!

No comments: