Saturday, June 18, 2011

Commendable Could

"There came a woman having an alabaster box of ointment of spikenard very precious; and she break the box, and poured it on His head. And there were some that had indignation within themselves, and said, Why was this waste of ointment made?.... And Jesus said, let her alone; why trouble ye her? She hath wrought a good work on Me.... She hath done what she COULD" (Mark 14:3-8).

Let others have their indignation
And scorn what heaven says is good.
Lord, I would have Your commendation
To know I did all that I could.

It matters not if none applaud
If I achieve the highest pleasure
Of the commendation of my God:
A sweet success by heaven's measure!

So let the world call it wasted,
This full surrender so disdained.
There is a joy they haven't tasted,
A treasure they have never gained.

Lord, help me, by Your grace and plan,
Now meet this standard You commend:
That I may do all that I can
And know Your pleasure in the end.

No comments: