Monday, June 27, 2011

Pursue Peace

"Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it" (Psalm 34:14). "My son, be wise, and make My heart glad, that I may answer him that reproacheth Me. A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself" (Proverbs 27:11,12). "Jesus answering said.... Seest thou this woman? I entered into thine house.... Thou gavest Me no kiss: but this woman since the time I came in hath not ceased to kiss My feet.... And He said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace" (Luke 7:40-50).

The Lord has called us to pursue
His peace and from our sin depart.
In all we think, and say, and do,
May we in truth pursue His heart.

Despite what other people say,
We ought to live alone for God.
Pursue His gladness, come what may,
Though others scorn and count it odd.

Now see the love our Lord commended,
Pursuing more than status quo:
When superficial love has ended,
The grateful sinner's love will show.

Lord, thank You for Your steadfast love
Upon the cross to win our peace!
As we pursue the things above,
Lord, may our love for You increase.

No comments: