Friday, June 10, 2011

Excellent Expectation!

"As for me, I will behold Thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with Thy likeness" (Psalm 17:15). "The fear of the wicked, it shall come upon him: but the desire of the righteous shall be granted.... The hope of the righteous shall be gladness: but the expectation of the wicked shall perish" (Proverbs 10:24,28).

I know I will behold the face
Of Jesus Christ in righteousness.
My expectation is by grace;
It's not an optimistic guess!

Yes, I will stand before His throne,
And there I shall be satisfied
With righteousness that's not my own,
But rather Christ's, who for me died.

Yes, after death when I awake,
I shall be like my Lord above,
Because He suffered for my sake,
And gave Himself for me in love.

How horrible the contrast is
For those who will not trust the Lord,
Refusing righteousness that's His
And His reproof, which they've ignored.

Lord, thank You for the expectation
That You have given by Your Word;
The Gospel of Your great salvation
Is by Your faithfulness assured!

No comments: