Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Hardened or Helped

"Because they regard not the works of the LORD, nor the operation of His hands, He shall destroy them, and not build them up.... The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him, and I am helped" (Psalm 28:5-7). A wicked man hardeneth his face: but as for the upright, He directeth his way" (Proverbs 21:29). "My soul doth magnify the Lord, and my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Savior.... He hath put down the mighty from their seats, and exalted them of low degree" (Luke 1:46-52).

Those refusing to regard
The works of God shall surely stumble,
Because they make their own hearts hard,
Yet God will surely help the humble.

The sinner who has set his face
Against the Lord enthroned above,
Will not regard His saving grace
Nor operation of His love.

But oh, my soul has magnified
And has rejoiced in God my Savior!
He gave Himself for me and died!
He rose and helps me with His favor!

Lord, help us to persuade the lost
Whose hearts against You yet are hardened,
To humbly count the dreadful cost,
To trust in You, and thus be pardoned.

No comments: