Monday, June 20, 2011

Impossible Implied

"Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?" (Proverbs 20:9). "And they said among themselves, Who shall roll us away the stone from the door of the sepulcher?.... Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: He is risen; He is not here: behold the place where they laid Him" (Mark 16:3-6).

Who can rightly testify
I made my own heart clean?
Impossible! This must imply
What man has never seen!

Who could roll the stone away,
And (much less) raise the dead?
Come and see where Christ did lay:
He's risen as He said!

Only God could move that stone
And conquer death as well,
And Jesus Christ our Lord alone
Could rescue us from hell.

O Lord, we never could begin
To do what You have done:
We thank You that You cleansed our sin,
And raised Your glorious Son!

No comments: